[Ansteorra-announce] RE:Ansteorran Longship Company on History Channel

Michael Scofield ivar_runamagi at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:19:07 PST 2005

Greetings Ansteorra, Bjornsborg, and fellow northmen.

It is with great joy that I announce that the Ansteorran Longship Company
will be seen on the History Channel next month.

Well, sort of....

Our first boat, Skelmir, and four of our crew are in a special investigative
production filmed by Kurtis Productions, about the search for Atlantis for
the History Channel. The scheduled airing is February 21 at 9 PM Central
time. This is subject to change of course.

We took the dragon head off of Skelmir and the boat, with our crew in some,
shall we say unauthentic, Phonecian costumes and some really bad wigs, stood
in for a Phonecian ship at the time that Atlantis blew up and disapeared.
Those of our crew in the video are Master Rognvaldr, Lord Khalil, Lord
Wulfgar, and Rognvaldr's son, Kevin. They found out during the day long
shoot that acting in any kind of production is a lot of work, boring,
tedious, and unfortunately cold.

We did the video shoot at Canyon Lake on January 9. So, if you see goose
bumps on the crew it is because they froze in the skimpy costumes
representing those worn in the Mediterranean area, in summer. Thank god for
our heavy cloaks used when the cameras were off.

While this isn't the great Viking story we had hoped to be part of for our
first time on the History Channel, it is still a great thing for us,
Ansteorra, and the SCA. The Ansteorran Longship Company will be listed in
the credits. Hopefully this will lead to more involvement with the History
Channel, Discovery Channel, etc.

Ivarr Runamagi

BTW we will be putting some photographs from the shoot up on our website in
the near future. You can get to our web site through the Bjornsborg page, or
just do a search on Sklemir(ignore all the electronic references...that
isn't us).