[Ansteorra-announce] Three Kings 2007

patrickandjulia at aol.com patrickandjulia at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 11:38:50 PDT 2007

The Battle of Three Kings 2007: Normans & Saxons & Vikings, Oh My!

November 2-4, 2007

The Shire of Rosenfeld is pleased to announce our principals for this year’s event.  They are:

Master Godwin Alfricson as King Harold II (Harold Godwinson)

Baron Ainar Magnusson as Harald III Sigurdsson of Norway (Harald Hardrada)

Duke Inman MacMoore as Duke William of Normandy

The King with the highest cumulative score will win the war point for each of the following segments:

Arts & Sciences – Each King is to obtain ten (10) artisans who will represent him.  Entries will be restricted one single item – documentation required.  Theme:  11th century (1 pt)

Performing Arts – Each king is to acquire ten (10) performers who will represent him.  Entries will be restricted to one single piece not to exceed 5 minutes.  Format:  Performer’s choice (1 pt.)

Archery – Each king is asked to recruit a ten-man archery team who will represent him in an archery competition.  Format:  TBA (1 pt.)

Equestrian  - TBA (1 pt.)

Rapier – Each king is asked to recruit a ten-man rapier team who will represent him in rapier combat.  Format:  TBA (2 pts.)

Chivalric – Each king is encouraged to start building their army offering whatever spoils of war necessary to insure victory.  While the scenarios are not yet set in stone, it is certain weapons of the time will be required in some of those scenarios. (4 pts.)

Each King is asked to provide two marshals to assist with the chivalric melees.  Of course, their efforts will count towards the Volunteer (War) Point as will any service including waterbearing and heralding. (1 pt.)

In addition to the usual point system, we will be awarding a point to the King with the Best Persona Play. (1 pt.)

Total Possible Points:  12

Please watch the Black Star for more information!

Duchess Julia

patrickandjulia at aol.com

Event Steward

Lord Fergus