Calendar

Mark Harris mark_harris at riscgate.sps.mot.com
Tue Apr 11 12:25:59 PDT 1995

        Reply to:   RE>>Calendar

Maire says:

	- we add one more date if the group is over 100 MEMBERS (according
	  to the official population count)

Is this official population count releasable information? I've often
wondered how Bryn Gwlad compares in size to Steppes, Stargate or
Bjornsborg, but have only seen guesses for the sizes of these groups
previously.

I realize that different groups may have varying numbers
of active but non-paying members, and I've heard rumors that large
numbers of members near the Ren Fair are in the SCA only to get the
discount into the fair and seldom show up at other events. However,
this membership number is at least a number that can be used to
compare across groups. Counting names in baronial phone lists or people
attending business meetings doesn't do it so this membership count
might be the best method we have.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad