Heraldry

Lee Forgue eilis at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 18 07:04:36 PDT 1995

In message Mon, 17 Apr 1995 17:33:21 CST, <STDDLY at TINY_TIM.SHSU.EDU>  writes:

> Good points here! We need more education in all matters heraldic.
> Research, names, armory, all aspects of voice... As soon as we can we
> will have a Kingdom Heraldic Symposium. If _you_ (this means all of
> you out there *grin*) have experience, share it, don't let new and/or
> shy pursuivants wallow in the mire of inexperience! Help them out.
> Teach, coach, and train...Just Do It!

One of the best ways to get concentrated Heraldic Education into a Kingdom
is to offer to sponsor a Known World Heraldic Symposium -- you will get
instructors from everywhere and many of them will be the senior heralds in
their Kingdom Colleges.  (As far as I know, there's no bid for the '96
Symposium yet -- Kief should talk to Da'ud about this if you all are
interested.  Just remember that the usual late-June schedule won't work
because of 3YC, and that Pennsic must be avoided.)  Having enjoyed
Ansteorran hospitality at the October Board meeting, I'd be glad to attend
-- and bring my friends!

  --- eilis o'boirne (part of what we refer to in the West as "Senior
Heraldic Staff, on this list because I'm Ansteorra's Ombudsthing on the
Board)