small town heralds

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 18 13:48:48 PDT 1995

>I do think however than heralds from smaller groups are loathe to ask for help
>because it might deminish their power in some regard. Heralds being the
>natural control freaks they are hate that, and in a small group a herald is
>someone with a fairly large degree of power.
>
>-Michael

Power??  Hmm, now I was a small group herald but power?? I don't think I
had any!  People told me what they wanted, I drew it up and conflict
checked it and submitted it. I did field heraldry at tourneys.  Power??
Where is it?  That I could theorectically keep people's devices from going
anywhere?  Well, I suppose I could have but that would not have been very
courteous and I would not have been doing my job.  I saw myself as
providing a service to the group (my customers).  And they, being
reasonable people will to play by the rules, occasionally had to compromise
on something slightly different from their original intent but there was
never any heart wrenching trauma that I heard about.

Some people may not know *how* to ask for help and some folks like doing it
all and making things look hard.  Some people don't know *who* to ask for
help.  But I dare say most small group heralds aren't working overtime and
trying to 'do it all' because they like the power!

Baroness Clarissa