Event Info

Mordraut Freyulf mordraut at moritu.com
Tue Apr 11 11:05:54 PDT 1995

Elaine asks:

>In the It Cometh there's listed a Spring Gathering for this weekend in
>Temple.  What can anyone tell a newbie about it?

Here is a copy of the info from the Blackstar:

                              Bring the Tribes
                            Tempio's Spring Gathering

                                April 14-16

                    Shake off winters chill and join us for a
                       Celtic theme celebration of Spring.
                    Come for a fun filled weekend of activity.

This year marks our first championship contest:

Hero of The Temple

The Hero of the Temple will be decided, based on a point system.  Hopefuls
earn points based on participation in contests.  Winner will be based on
highest overall points Points can be earned in the following:
        Combat - Fighters will engage teams in a unique woods battle and a
dock side                 break-out
        Boasting - Bring your best brag, boast, exaggeration or bold faced
lie These                    will be heard by a team of independent judges,
Spear and Axe throws
        Archery - Contestant will be allowed to fire five arrows at a combat
archery                 target.
        Loaner bow, arrows, axe and spear will be available or bring your
own.  In case                 of an overall tie an armed round of combat
will decide the winner.

Arts &	Sciences competition.
        I	Celtic theme requested but not required
        II	No limit on number of entries
        III	Two Categories
            a.	First Time competition
            b. Open
        IV	Documentation appreciated, but not required
        V	Decided by popular vote

Day long childrens activities - classes, play and fun.  Bring your baskets -
- Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning - - Eggs provided.

Kingdom Herald will be holding a College of Heralds, and the Kingdom A&S
minister would like to meet with all A&S ministers from the Southern Region.

Contest for best period style encampment including Merchants.
Prize given for most authentic looking camp.

Merchants are more than welcome and NO merchant fee.
Feast in the evening and bardic into the wee hours.

Fees:      site: $3.00    Feast: $5.00
children under 12 free    12 to 18 Half price
$3.00 non-member fee      no fees to Great Officers of State

Make checks payable to- SCA, Inc.  Shire of Tempio
Feast reservations required by April 1.

Olwen Cadfael
mka Michele Roberts
(817) 985-2327 (no calls after 10 pm)

No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to enter site area without parent
or legal guardian, unless accompanied by a responsible adult with a signed
and notarized waiver in their possession.  All children with waiver will be
required to have on their person a copy of said waiver at all times.

>From  IH 35 north or south take Hwy 2305.
(Adams) Exit west Turn south at dead end on 317.
Turn West on 439 (at Diamond Shamrock)
and site will be approx. 3 milcs on the south side
|   Mordraut Freyulf  |   I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid,  |Dark Horde |
| mordraut at moritu.com |       	and I'm NOT going!!            |  Moritu   |