Calendar

Patricia Horton horton at dhostwo.convex.com
Fri Apr 7 09:11:49 PDT 1995

>PLEASE post more if you have it avvailable.  I remember the Balckstar
>having 8 months or a year listed in some issues a few years ago.  That
>was very usefull. Is that information available?

sort of, The Kingdom events and perpetual events are always on the calendar
a year out. Some of the larger groups plan that far ahead, but to be honest
the smaller ones request dates just a few months ahead.

The reason why you do not get as many months now-a-days is the number of
groups putting on events has gotten larger, so more events, more space
taken up on the back page, less space to put more months. This is why
we now limit calendar'd events to:
	- 2 per college, stronghold, canton, shire
	- 3 for baronies ( basically, 2+ the perpetual that all baronies
			   get by law)
	- we add one more date if the group is over 100 MEMBERS (according
	  to the official population count)

If the group wants any more events, it is not put on the Kingdom Calendar
(therefore not a calendar'd event) which means they must pay for advertising
in the blackstar. (actually, groups only get 2 free months advertising for
a calendar'd event).

I will put what I have out on the net. It will be after this weekend as I
will be busy elsewhere (gee, I do have a life outside of being KS ;-}).
But remember things farther out may change.....

By the way, each seneschal gets a copy of the FULL kingdom calendar each
month. Again, any of you can request to see it....

Maire