calendar

Patricia Horton horton at dhostwo.convex.com
Tue Apr 11 12:56:32 PDT 1995

>>July
>>7-9   ***Academy of Rapier/Bow + KW Crown Conclave - Weisenfeurer
>>      (OKC, OK)
>>14-16 ***Kingdom Warlord - Treloc (San Angelo TX)
>
>Maire, according to what you just sent to the Seneschals' Kingdom
>Warlord was moved to July 7-9 and the Academy of the Rapier/Bow + KW
>Crown Conclave was moved to July 14-16. So which is correct?

oops, what is here and will be in the Blackstar is correct. Gees, I will
need to get that out in the next mailing. Thanks for the heads up, that
was a big oops on my part. There was a lot of shuffling of dates because
of his Maj's mundane commitment on the weekend Kingdom Warlord was going
to be held origonally, and what weekend it could be moved to, then KW
Crown Conclave had to be moved to accomodate.... It was pretty hectic.
I can't thank Treloc and Weisenfeurer enough for all their cooperation.

>Oh, and what's the KW Crown Conclave?
>
>Inquiring minds want to know.
The KW Crown Conclave was first held last july in antir. After the board
foo last year the crowns decided they needed to get together without the
board etc at least once a year to work together, sort of a coalition of
crowns. It was interesting as I went to the first one with Inman and Athena.
The differences in the way the kingdoms operate, customs and what the
crowns are able to do and not do was real intersting. Inman offered Ansteorra
for the next one, and Mikael and Mikaella were lucky enough to be on the
throne when it needed to be done :-}. Basically, after last year, the crowns
realized they could (and should) reach the people in a way the officers of
the Kingdoms could not, and could play a large part in helping to get the
populace motivated. Their "power" when used intelligently and coordinated
with the other Kingdoms and officers, and could help or hinder what the officers
and others were trying to do. Get together, discuss the issues, and develop
a game plan. A lot of the crowns had to go back to their kingdom and pass
things by their curia, but at least everyone was marginally working together,
it turned out a lot of Kingdoms have concerns in common. It also gives them all
a chance to talk over the rumor mill and get things straight.

Maire