Devices - was - Re: Heraldre idea, cont...

Mordraut Freyulf mordraut at moritu.com
Tue Aug 8 07:53:20 PDT 1995

>OTOH, it might also be nice if there were more heraldic artists (not to
>say there aren't) drawing up the devices before they are turned in.  I
>have a theory that, regardless of what you want your device to look like
>when in use, if it were drawn up heraldically for submission, it would
>have a much better chance of passing.

        It would also help if the COH would use a little common sense at
times, take a look at this months returns listed in the Blackstar.  For the
first return the blazon describes the wyvern as azure, but the person drew
it with two colors, which could not be described heraldically.  To me this
would be a case of artistic license, to them it is a return.  Instead of
registering it as the blazon describes, they returned it, which means that
he will now have to wait another 6-8 months:-(
        I will not even think about the difference between a standing dog,
and a wolf looking at a bird on its back.

>But then, of course, I'm just a mouthy bystander.

And I'm not too pleased with Heralds right now, although I do like the ones
I know (please put down the sword Keif:-)

Mordraut (Whose badge just passed Laurel:-)

|   Mordraut Freyulf  |    This .sig brought to you by the     | Dark Horde |
| mordraut at moritu.com | letters D, H and M, and the number 6.  |   Moritu   |