1995 Texas Renaissance Festival

Steven L. Holt maxisdgn at mercury.netropolis.net
Tue Aug 8 16:11:35 PDT 1995

Greetings,
I would appreciate it if you could post the following to the Ansteorran
mailing list.

1995 TEXAS RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL
Saturdays and Sundays (Rain or Shine)
September 30 - November 12 (7 Weekends)
9:00 am 'til Dusk

New and exciting things are happening in the SCA Compound this year during
the Texas Renaissance Festival. SCA's participation at the Festival is under
totally new management and is currently being reorganized.  Starting this
year, a committee has been formed with representatives from the branches
that would like to participate at TRF.  This committee will be responsible
for the policies, coordination of our activities, fund raisers, appointment
of an autocrat for each weekend and keeping their respective branches
informed of current information pertaining to the Festival.

We have a new focus on our participation at the Festival.  We will NOT be
doing the gaming concessions this year. Rather we will be involved in doing
demos like we do for educational purposes year round, as well as activities
we do at all SCA events.

PURPOSE OF SCA PARTICIPATION AT TRF
*	FUN!
*	Educate the public on our organization
*	Recruit new members
*	Raise funds for our branches

REORGANIZATION
*	Committee made up of representatives of each interested branch as stated
above.
*	We will have an "Autocrat" for each weekend during TRF.  These Autocrats
will be from the         different participating branches and will be
responsible for coordinating the activities         that the SCA
participants will 	be involved with in the compound and around the Festival
       site.
*	SCA Membership is NOT required, this year.
*	Sign-up for participation at TRF and FREE admission will be done on a
local branch level.
	You must sign-up for the particular weekends that you would like to
participate in at            least two weeks in advance.
*	Two hours of participation will be required to receive the FREE admission.
*	Participation will cover a vast area of SCA interests.  Some of the areas
you can         volunteer for are (the following list is just a sample of
items--It will be adjusted as          needed):
	Fighting (Heavy/Light), Marshaling, Demos**, Waterbearing, Heraldry,
Information Booth
	**The Demos can include basket weaving, crossbow construction, dancing
(with live         musicians only), enameling, garb fashion shows, leather
works, needleworks,         scribing/charter painting, weaving/spinning,
woodworking, etc.  (If you have an idea not         on this list, please let
us know what you would like to do in the compound area for the
entertainment of the patrons.  This is our opportunity to educate and
interact with         people on a personal level and to explain and
demonstrate what we do at our events,         guilds, and meetings.)
*	We will be having tournaments and A&S competitions with PRIZES for the
winners.
*	A feast will be served Saturday evening for a small fee.

SCA COMPOUND
*	We have started on a major "face-lift" of the SCA compound.
*	Each branch or individual can make and donate their own device to be used
in decorating         the compound.
*	Scheduled work weekends--everyone is invited to join us to help with the
decorating and         fixing up of the SCA compound.  Wear old clothes--we
will be painting.  Bring hand tools         (hammers, saws, cordless drills,
etc.)  Don't forget food and beverages.  Work should         begin at 9:00
a.m.  The toilets and showers will be open for our use and you may spend
    Saturday night in the compound if you wish to work Saturday and Sunday.
Scheduled dates:	        August 12 & 13, August 19 & 20, and September 17.

If you have ideas, concerns, questions, or would like to volunteer your
branch for either an autocrat or special weekend during the Festival, please
contact us.

SCA/TRF Liaisons:

Deborah von Falkenhorst
Debbie E. Mostert