Heraldic supporters

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Aug 17 15:05:41 PDT 1995

Catherine said:

They are, in fact, supporters, and may not be registered with your arms
until you "earn" them, however, if someone wants to paint a wall hanging or
make a tapestry and have *one* figure holding up your shield or lozenge, I
personally have no problems with it.

It was my understanding that the SCA didn't care one way or the other
about supporters. Is there something written down in either Ansteorran
kingdom law or SCA Corpura that restricts the use of supporters to those
with certain awards? If so, I'd like to be made aware of it and I'd like
to know which type of supporters are restricted to which award.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous