Period Heraldric Styles

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Thu Aug 17 15:24:23 PDT 1995

michael replies to Catherine:

> I agree with Savian, if one
>doesn't want real heraldry, why be concerned with what the heralds think,
>anyhoo?

Decause i might not want someone else using my device.

>Catherine

I'm sorry but registering your device doesn't prevent
someone else from using your device. Tell me, what
would you do if you registered your device and then
found someone else using it?

There is really not much the College of Heralds can
do to prevent the interloper from using your device.
Social pressure is about the only method they have.

At the same time, if you wish to gather together
your own alternative college for registering non-
heraldic/non-period devices you certainly can. You
would have the same tools to work with as they.

If that is what you want, go for it. But, I think it is
unfair to ask the heralds to spend all the time they
do checking devices on checking non-period or non-heraldic
art for conflicts.

Stefan li Rous