Elitists

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Fri Aug 18 11:28:05 PDT 1995

I wish to speak in defence of the misused term Elitist. You see, an
elitist does not want others to conform to their standards, he wants
those who do not already conform to go away. An elitist is an
exclusionist, not one who pushes conformity.

I am sure that elistists everywhere are horrified that we would imply
that they have any wish to include those who do not, by their very
nature, measure up to the elitists' standards.

We can only offer our most heartfelt apologies to those so maligned and
hope they are accepted in a kind of a condecending way.

Savian