Tuchux

SBAIRRINGTON at TCMAIL.FRCO.COM SBAIRRINGTON at TCMAIL.FRCO.COM
Thu Aug 31 08:39:28 PDT 1995

***First of all, having worked Security for the last 2 years at Pennsic, and
being very sorry to have missed this one, Vlad and the Chux have a feud that
goes way back. I'm not sure why Vlad insists on putting his camp at the Chux
back door, but he does. The Chux have to have the space so they have to stay
where they are, Vlad could move.

***Secondly, The younger members of the Chux have become pretty unruly. Last
year we had several incidents. The older members of the Chux are great! I've met
several and like what they are doing. It may offend some, but they are really
based on Gor. I personally say that Pennsic being what it is, we have no right
to condemn them for playing the game their way. I'm sure that if you look back
in history, you'll find some clans like the Chux. I for one, being a Frank, can
attest to that. AND many of the  Chux stay in period much better than a large
part of the SCA.

***Thirdly, Until we get the real scoop from a Cooper spokesperson, The head of
Security for Pennsic this last time, the Chuk in question and Vlad himself, Idle
speculation and repeating 2nd hand stories is as bad as the Rialto.

Sorry, I've about had it with rehashing and enlarging or whatever. It seems to
me that there is probably  much more to this "Oh, poor Vlad" story. He's caused
trouble with the Chux before as have they with him.

Ulrike