Heraldry idea...

STDDLY at TINY_TIM.SHSU.EDU STDDLY at TINY_TIM.SHSU.EDU
Mon Aug 14 16:32:26 PDT 1995

> From:           <STDDLY at TINY_TIM.SHSU.EDU>
> To:             ansteorra at eden.com
> Date sent:      Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:27:58 CST
> Subject:        Re: Heraldry idea...
> Send reply to:  ansteorra at eden.com

> > Antonio writes:
> > >THE IDEA:
> > >What if some people who were good book heralds and had a love an interest in
> > >improving the visual heraldry started "playing."  Blazons could be created
> > >and passed up to the kingdom level, but left unassigned.  When someone
> > >wanted something, they could say "I'd kind of like an eagle in it" or
> > >something to that effect.  They could then be presented with a set of
> > >choices that were guaranteed to pass.  The list would have to be updated as
> > >conflicting arms were passed, but it would allow a different method of
> > >acquiring arms for people who aren't that good at the book end.
> >
> > Umm.....it's a GREAT idea, Antonio! In fact; it's been called the "Fire &
> > Forget Consultation Table" for about four years now! Unfortunately, when we
> > changed Star Principal Heralds (a couple of times!) plus the changes in the
> > rules and such, it kind of fell by the wayside! ....So? Regionals? Keif? Any
> > chance of reviving this dead horse?
> >                   In Service, I remain
> >                   Alden Pharamond
> >                   Mendersham, Ansteorra
>
> Kief says go for it Alden.
>
> Lorraine DeerSlayer

Actually from time to time People have done them (even during the
rough times) and The Northern, Central and Coastal regionals will
from time to time organize such things in their territories and will
also organize mini flying symposium to help people out with heraldic
and a&s and fighting matters in group situations.

Lorraine DeerSlayer