Requirements to play (fairly long posting)

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Fri Aug 18 19:12:03 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Nan Bradford-Reid to All]

 NB> The people who have a hard time with all of us *elitists* trying to
 NB> get a more period atmosphere better not join any *real* recreation
 NB> groups.  The American Civil War, the English Civil War, the French
 NB> and Indian Wars, the American Revolution, the Gunfighters and Wild
 NB> West groups and many others require a level of exacting authenticity
 NB> or you don't play.

You can say that again!  My parents play with hte Buckskinners and at their
gatherings you aren't allowed to camp in the main encampment if you don't have
a period tent (over there, out of sight, behind those trees, thanks you).  And
I've heard rumors of Civ War and WWII groups that'll flay you for the wrong
buttons on a uniform jacket.

Folks in the SCA have it too darned easy!

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22  180:11/22  762:2200/2
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable