lochac mailing list

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Fri Aug 18 19:04:17 PDT 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of Fox Purtill to All]

 FP> Actually, I'm also looking for a list.. anyone happen to have the
 FP> email address for the CAID mailing list and sign-on notes?

Here's the pertinent section from the Rialto FAQ:

  ---8<--- cut here ---------
Section 2:  Other SCA electronic sources.

2.1  Are there other SCA mailing lists?

     AETHELMEARC  Principality of AEthelmarc
     Subscription:  email to sca-aethelmearc-request at andrew.cmu.edu
     Maintainer: sca-aethelmearc-request at andrew.cmu.edu
         (SCA Filip of Cour d'Or)

     ANSTEORRA    Kingdom of Ansteorra
     Subscription:   email to majordomo at eden.com containing the
      following line in the body of the message:
    SUBSCRIBE ansteorra
 OR for a periodic (daily) digest of messages,
   SUBSCRIBE ansteorra-digest
     Post to: ansteorra at eden.com
     Maintainer: owner-ansteorra at eden.com (SCA Phelim Uhtred Gervase/Pug)

    ANTIR       Kingdom of An-Tir (The Cathedral Steps)
     following line in the body of the message:
   SUBSCRIBE antir Your Name <email at address>
    Post to: antir at mail.orst.edu
    Maintainer: antir-request at mail.orst.edu (SCA: Ivarr Ulfvarinson)

    ATLANTIA-L  Kingdom of Atlantia
    Subscription:   email to listserv at netcom.com, containing the
        following line in the body of the message:
   SUBSCRIBE ATLANTIA-L Your Name <email at address>
     (Yes, enclose your email address in angle brackets)
    Maintainers: Elenore Spyrling <eurbanik at leo.vsla.edu
                 Kendrick Wayfarer <lovelace at netcom.com>

    BARDIC      Bardic topics
    Subscription:   email to bardic-request at carleton.edu
     (This list has been on hiatus and needs a new home.  Anyone
 interested and able to host this list on their machine should
 contact the list owner, Lord Cerdic (the Silent)
 (mheiman at carleton.edu) )

    CALONTIR    Kingdom of Calontir
    Subscription:   email to listserv at unl.edu with blank subject line and
        message body of:
            SUB CALONTIR Firstname Lastname
        substituting your name for First and Last name.

    CAROLINGIA  Barony of Carolingia (Boston, MA)

    COLLEGE OF ST. STEPHEN  George Mason University chapter (Fairfax, VA)

        of the message:
     subscribe sca user at host.dom
 substituting your email address for user at host.dom
    Post to:  sca at gmu.edu
    Maintainer:  kgreen2 at osf1.gmu.edu (Lady Karen Larsdatter med det Usigelige
        Efternavn fra Skyggedal)

    DML     Drachenwald Mailing List - weekly
    Subscription:   email to the maintainer with DML in the subject.
    Maintainer: Jo Jaquinta (jaymin at maths.tcd.ie or
jaymin at salmon.maths.tcd.ie)
    Archives:   via anonymous FTP at lanczos.maths.tcd.ie
                directory /jaymin/sca
            via email - send mail containing the single line HELP to
                info-server at lanczos.maths.tcd.ie

    GRAND COUNCIL Mailing list for the SCA's Grand Council
    Subscription: email to listproc at lists.princeton.edu with blank
     subject line and message body of:
   subscribe scagc-l <Your Name Here>
 replacing <Your Name Here> with your first and last names.
    Posting: only members of the Grand Council may post, although anyone
     may read.  Send postings to the editor.
    Editor: Justin du Coeur <justin at inmet.com>
    Maintainer: Kwellend Njall <vnend at princeton.edu>
    Archives: via FTP at ftp.gc.sca.org:/pub/sca_gc
           via gopher at lists.princeton.edu
       via WWW at http://www.inmet.com/~justin/gc/

    LOUGH DEVANREE  Shire of... (Dublin, Ireland), Ireland, Celts
    Subscription:   contact list maintainer
    Maintainer: Sorcha ui Flahairteaigh (lgrant at lanczos.maths.tcd.ie)

    MAGYAR      Medieval Hungary and things Hungarian in SCA.
    Postings:   email to magyar at bransle.ucs.mun.ca
    Maintainer: Miklos Sandorfia (andrew at bransle.ucs.mun.ca)
    Archives:   via anonymous FTP at bransle.ucs.mun.ca

    MERIDIES Kingdom of Meridies mailing list
    Subscription: email to meridies-request at his.uab.edu
    Postings: meridies at his.uab.edu
    (more information about this list would be appreciated)

    NORTH       East Kingdom Northern Region topics
    Subscription:   email to north-request at bransle.ucs.mun.ca
    Maintainer: Miklos Sandorfia (andrew at bransle.ucs.mun.ca)
    Archives:   via anonymous FTP at bransle.ucs.mun.ca

    NORTHSHIELD Crown Principality of Northshield, Middle Kingdom
    Subscription: e-mail to northshield-request at stolaf.edu
    Posting:    e-mail to northshield at stolaf.edu
    Maintainer: Peregrine the Illuminator (Michael Moore)<moore at stolaf.edu>
    Archives:   via e-mail from the administrator

    OUTLANDS    Discussion of topics of interest to the Outlands
    Subscription: mail to LISTSERV at mail.unm.edu with message body
      subscribe outlands Firstname Lastname
            and substituting your name for First and Last name.
    Posting:    outlands at unm.edu
    Maintainer: M'Lady Elspeth <ladybug at unm.edu>

    REFORM      Discussion of reforming SCA, Inc., specifically with
             regard to how the Corporation is governed and the nature
      of its relationship with the Society.
                subscribe sca-reform
    Posting:    sca-reform at world.std.com
    Maintainer: Gareth of Stonemarch <sca-reform-approval at world.std.com>

    SCA30YR     SCA 30 Year Celebration contact list
    Subscription:   mail to sca30yr at kwantlen.bc.ca
    Maintainer: Elizabeth Braidwood <donna at kwantlen.bc.ca>
    Note:  This IS NOT a discussion group, but a contact point, and
        a place to request a subscription to the 30 Year Celebration
        electronic newsletter.

    SCA-CAID    Kingdom of Caid topics
    Subscription:   mail to listproc at anthrax.ecst.csuchico.edu with a
        message body having only the line
     subscribe sca-caid Firstname Lastname
            and substituting your name for First and Last name.
    Maintainer: Wolfgang Rotkopf <rodmur at ecst.scuchico.edu>

    SCA-EAST East Kingdom topics
    Subscription:  mail to majordomo at world.std.com with a message body
        having only the line
     subscribe sca-east
    Posting: sca-east at world.std.com
    Maintainer: Boyarina Yelizaveta Medvedeva <eliz at world.std.com>

    SCAHRLDS    Heraldic discussion
    Subscription:   mail to LISTSERV at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU with blank subject
            line and body of:
                SUB SCAHRLDS Firstname Lastname
            substituting your name for First and Last name.
    Maintainer: Kwellend-Njal Kolskeggsson (vnend at princeton.edu)
    Digest:     sent twice weekly by Alan Fairfax
            (atterlep at vela.acs.oakland.edu)
            Contact him for details.

    SCA-LOCHAC  Principality of Lochac (Australia)
      with a message body of
    subscribe sca-lochac <<your email address>>
    Posting:    email to sca-lochac at yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au
    Maintainer: Thomas Flamanc of Kelsale <sawyer at ccds.cc.monash.edu.au>

    SCA-WEST    West Kingdom topics
    Subscription:   mail to listproc at anthrax.ecst.csuchico.edu with a
        message body having only the line
     subscribe sca-west Firstname Lastname
            and substituting your name for First and Last name.
    Maintainer: Wolfgang Rotkopf <rodmur at ecst.scuchico.edu>

    SIEGE       Siege engines, pre-black powder fortifications
    Subscription:   mail to listserv at morgan.ucs.mun.ca with a blank
            subject line and body of:
                SUB SIEGE Firstname Lastname
            substituting your name for First and Last name.
    Maintainer: Sebastian Goral (amlsmith at plato.ucs.mun.ca)
    Archives: via anonymous FTP at bransle.ucs.mun.ca
                directory /pub/sca/
    Note: postings tend to come in fits and spurts.
  ---8<--- cut here ---------

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan (attempting to stem a flood of similar inquiries <g>)
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22  180:11/22  762:2200/2
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable