Stefan's SCA files for Janu

Mark Harris mark_harris at riscgate.sps.mot.com
Tue Dec 19 16:57:08 PST 1995

For those on the Ansteorra list who do not get the Bryn Gwlad
newsletter, here is a copy of the article on my files for the upcoming
issue. Those newsletter editors looking for short, useful articles for
local newsletters might want to take a look at the articles listed in
the complete file list.

Stefan li Rous
-----

A Blending of the Past and Present

Here is the list of my featured SCA files for this month. I have files
for all interests. If none of the files below interest you, ask for a
copy of my complete file list. If you would like a copy of any of these
files, just let me know. I can print them on paper for you, copy them
to a computer disk or send them by email.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can also get these
files at:
http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~gl8f/rialto/rialto.html

    Stefan li Rous   892-0036   markh at risc.sps.mot.com

Only a few new files have been added this past month:

merch-leather-msg       Leather merchants and sources.
cl-Ireland-msg          Medieval Irish clothing.
cotehardies-msg         Making 13th century cotehardies.
hemp-cloth-msg          Cloth and clothing made with hemp fibers.
games-cards-msg         Medieval card games.
Rus-women-art           Lecture notes on 16c. Russian women.

Since now is the time to plan and make pavilions and tents for the warmer
weather, I thought that I'd highlight some of the useful files for this:

decadence-msg           Decadent SCA camp sites.
dometents-pic           German Landsknecht camp, painted 1500-1550.
                             featuring dome tents.
MaMSP-art               article: Making a Medieval Shade Pavilion.
p-tents-msg             Period tents and documentation sources.
pavilions-msg           The making of medieval pavilions.
tents-alt-msg           Alternatives to tents.
tent-care-msg           Care of tents. waterproofing, washing.
tent-fabrics-msg        Fabrics and treatments to use in tents.
tent-p+s-msg            Pavilion poles, stakes and ropes.
tent-rental-msg         Rental of tents at Pennsic and Estrella.
tent-sources-msg        Pavilion and canvas merchants.
yurts-msg               Round Mongol tents also called ghers.

<the end>