C11Hartel at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 18:12:59 PDT 1995
The perfect event....
1. 3-4 days of all aspects of the SCA(Fighting, A&S classes, dancing,
feasting...) without the stupidity and rudeness of
"RHINO-HIDES", "AUTHENTICITY POLICE", AND TALK OF
THE MODERN WORLD (gaming, computers, Star Trek,etc...)(I
do get aggrevated at the amount of modern-world stuff which is
left in view at events, but, on the other hand, I get even madder
when I hear of someone's A&S project being "flamed"
because they used machine-manufactured thread to weave with
instead of spinning their own is a bit much...)
(err,umm,excuse me wasn't your garb sewn
on an electric sewing-machine while sitting in your
air-conditioned house and listening to your CDs on the stereo?...)
2. Another "ideal" thing would be a shower-house/restroom facility
which does not back-up, over-run, run out of toilet paper,
or have lots of little shampoo bottles and soap bits floating
around because people were in to much of a hurry or too lazy to
take the time to throw them away.
3. I also like the idea of trees, lots of trees. Low 80* days and 50*
nights sounds great! Cabins really make it nice in that the
amount of stuff to be hauled is
lessened and in case of cruddy weather there is a dry place to
4. A child-free event! Not necessarily from other's children, just my
own! Love her to
pieces but sometimes it is nice to be away from her.
5. A GREAT map and even better SIGNS showing the way. Especially for
More information about the Ansteorra