Ideal Event

Elizabeth Shahan ecs at infinity.ccsi.com
Thu Jul 6 20:49:21 PDT 1995

Must have lots of dancing-- a wooden dance floor, well lit by some source
of flame(oil lamps or chandeliers that don;t drip etc.)

Time to dance that is set aside other than all else going on.

A nice, showy court that is heard by all, interestingly done and not very
long. Like a really good movie or play, but not so long.

Shade, trees are best.

Perfect weather: 80 degree days, sunny, cool breeze; 50s at night,
cloudless, starry sky, full moon.

Good fighting. One day just for each style. And one day just for archery.
And one too for melees with archers!

One night just for other entertainments such as belly dancing and taverns
with games.

No circles!

Excellent food, served hot and fast.

cabins or a castle with many rooms for guests, or a dormitory.

Fairly level ground with no fire ants or ticks.

Only period tents and pavillions.
  Some one *else* to put them up/take them down!

No one we know has to be in charge(ie:-ocrat) so that we can all party.

WEll, we did say the ideal event. We know that not every event could be
this way. We obviously have some other things that we will need/want to
do. But wouldn't that be a glorious time if we could do it even once?

Also, with all this interest, lets all see what we ccan do right now to
make the events we do go to hit a little closer to the mark based on what
we are saying here.

In search of more that  I  can do,
I remain
Lady Clare