ansteorra V1 #80

cmwalden at bga.com cmwalden at bga.com
Fri Jul 7 11:33:53 PDT 1995

********************
*>Things Stephen wrote*
*Things Antonio wrote  *
********************
>Why would you limit the taverns with/without games to only one night?
>These would seem to be the kinds of places you could drop into for
>awhile between other events or during events you don't care for. I
>don't see how they would interfere with other events even if
>simulateously.

I think the reality that they are trying to look at is that it would be very
difficult to get someone to provide something like that for an extended
period of time.  (Like having a gate guard through the entire event.)
However, I think that they were inserting reality where we're talking fantasy.

>Hmm. No fire circles? No circle dances?
You are being obtuse on purpose.  It is obvious that she meant that no one
should have any round objects at events ever again, and I expect you to
immediately discard any SCA gear that you have that has no sharp corners on it.

Again, I see some underlying themes.  It sounds as though people would like
to spend some time enjoying the event, relaxing, escaping.  Hmmm, period
atmosphere with people who are relaxed and joyous...  Could it be done?
I remain Yours, etc.
Antonio Bastiano
or cmwalden at bga.com