Protected events/dates

STDDLY at TINY_TIM.SHSU.EDU STDDLY at TINY_TIM.SHSU.EDU
Fri Jul 7 14:50:40 PDT 1995

> Date sent:      7 Jul 1995 14:24:57 -0500
> From:           "Mark Harris" <mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com>
> Subject:        Protected events/dates
> To:             "Ansteorra" <ansteorra at eden.com>
> Send reply to:  ansteorra at eden.com

> Maire and Cynric have been commenting/clashing over Bjornsborg's
> protected event.
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> 1) As it is now written, is the event protected or the date?
>
> 2) What is being protected from what? I do see multiple events
> on the same weekend, even when I thought one of the events was
> "protected".
>
> 3) Why do we have protected events? As you add more groups, the
> calender gets more and more difficult to manage with more and
> more protected events.
>
> Or is this really a misnomer and what we are really talking about
> is a limit on the number of official events a group may hold? (Which
> I would also highly disagree with). Personally, I'd get rid of
> event protections and limitations. And yes, this includes any Bryn
> Gwlad might have.
>
> Stefan li Rous
> Barony of Bryn Gwlad
>
> (My, have I got a big mouth today)

Howdy ya'll!

Protected means that a group will have an event on a certain weekend
of the year. The reason for this is: 1. The group can plan for the
event well in advance i.e. reservations, etc. 2. It also means that a
neighboring group, in the same region, cannot schedule an event on
that weekend.

Protected does not mean that other groups cannot have events on the
same dates.

Yes, Stefan, there are limits on the number of events a group can
have. Hmmmm....let's see if I can remember...below baronial status 2
events (on the official calendar) 3 if barony, 4 if the barony has
more
than 100 paid members. Regional events, two or more groups banded
together to sponser an event, do not count against any group's event
limit.

Kingdom level events i.e. Crown, Coronation, Queen's, etc. cannot
have a local/regional event on the same date.

The reason for protected events and event limits has to do with the
increasingly large number of groups in the Kingdom. With five regions
and, at least, 45 groups the calendar would be a horrible cluttered
mess in very short order...

I hope I got this stuff right....if I haven't Maire will burn
me.....:-]... All the information contained herein is out of my own
fevered brain, it is not official information, nor is it to be
construed to be policy nor law of the kingdom. Trust me....

A. Kief av Kiersted (abc's inserted) L. Cockerham, Texan

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."