Kingdom Calendar, et al.

Robert G. Ferrell rferrell at bga.com
Fri Jul 7 20:28:56 PDT 1995

To all and sundry:
     Ordinarily, I make it a strict practice to stay out of tedious net
prattle, on the grounds that I can usually find three or four hundred more
productive things to do at any given moment, but I feel I should make some
amends here. On rereading my snitty little posting about Bjornsborg's
calendar problem, I realized that I chose my words poorly.  I do not mean to
imply that the Kingdom Seneschal, or any person in particular, is at fault.
I actually found the whole episode rather amusing, in my twisted Cynric sort
of way.  I was really just presenting yet another example of the way simple
things can be mangled into complex ones by the workings of chaos and
miscommunication.  Believe me, if I had any real quarrel over the matter, I
certainly wouldn't have posted it to a newlist for everyone to gawk at and
(endlessly) comment on.
     While we're on the subject of ideal events and period pavilions, here
is my input:  The Nazis have arrived.  (Veteran net surfers will know what I
mean; the rest of you can speculate to your hearts' content.  I had 57
messages today, most of which concerned one of the above subjects).
     [Maire..I think your newsreader or net feed is a little out of whack..I
got a total of 9 copies of your reply, and all of them had numerous error
messages about parse errors and such...]

     I'll be glad to drink some Kumiss; I kind of like it.

Back to my ivory tower now...(I have to decide what I'm going to do for Ex
Tempore this month, so I can change my mind two days after the deadline..You
have no idea what poor Pug puts up with...)

Cynric