Period

R. Michael Litchfield litch at eden.com
Mon Jul 10 13:50:41 PDT 1995

>I agree with the general consensus that our events need to be more period,
>but how do you go about it?

Well several people here on the list feel that way, but is that shared by
everyone in the sca? Generally the ppl on computer lists tend not to be the
"partiers" for whom period is less important.

>  We have large numbers of people, in all areas of
>the Kingdom, that don't participate in the SCA other than coming to a couple
>events a year.  Sometimes it seems like it's just a big party where we wear
>funny clothes.

Sure does. Now i wonder sometimes about whether or not the people who come
to the funny clothese parties in the woods actually want more authenticity.
I certainly am quite happy with having just that sometimes (though there
are times i want more). Is it fair for us to make THEIR sca more like we
want?

Wouldn't it be interesting if at the next couple of events they had a survey
that asked if people wanted more or less periodness?

>                                                 Rhiain

-michael