Fighting/winning

postman at cmwalden.bga.com postman at cmwalden.bga.com
Sat Jul 15 11:19:14 PDT 1995

Recently I have been trying to approach my fighting completely differently.  I
have been gathering with Savien and others and studying from a 16th century
manuscript written by a fencing master, Giacomo di Grassi.  In order to do
that effectively I have pretty much forsaken most of my previous knowledge and
 experience in order to learn this style.  The result is, my fighting is
pretty bad right now.  (Not that it's ever been anything to write home about.)
 Right now, I walk into most fights with the understanding that this new style
is going to put me at a severe disadvantage.  I DO suffer great disappointment
at spending more time eating dirt than my opponents.  I would LOVE to have an
day where I just went out and kicked butt.  But for now, I must take pleasure
in watching these new concepts grow.