Blackstar

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Jul 21 17:24:39 PDT 1995

mcihael (or however he is spelling his name today :-) ) says:

>It would be a damn good policy to not allow kingdom officers (or regional
>officers or even local officers) to run events during their tenure in
>office. We have LOTS of people in the society, if you let them (and
>encourage them) we should have more then enough people to be responable >for our events.

I think Michael has some very good points here. I don't know that I
would draw the line on shire officers running events, though. Many
shires are already pretty stretched for manpower. But I definitely
think kingdom and regional officers should be discouraged from
running events for the reasons Michael mentions. Whether that needs
to be a rule (yuck, more rules) or a tradition is yet to be seen.

This is not directed at any current officer. I just think it would
be a good policy to prevent problems from happening.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad