Protected events/dates

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Fri Jul 7 12:24:57 PDT 1995

Maire and Cynric have been commenting/clashing over Bjornsborg's
protected event.

I have a few questions:

1) As it is now written, is the event protected or the date?

2) What is being protected from what? I do see multiple events
on the same weekend, even when I thought one of the events was
"protected".

3) Why do we have protected events? As you add more groups, the
calender gets more and more difficult to manage with more and
more protected events.

Or is this really a misnomer and what we are really talking about
is a limit on the number of official events a group may hold? (Which
I would also highly disagree with). Personally, I'd get rid of
event protections and limitations. And yes, this includes any Bryn
Gwlad might have.

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad

(My, have I got a big mouth today)