Kingdom Calendar

Robert G. Ferrell rferrell at bga.com
Thu Jul 6 20:19:31 PDT 1995

>I noticed that Bjornsborg baronial court is listed for the weekend in October
>AND a weekend in March?  which is the correct date??? What happened to
>Tourney of Lyonesse?
>just curious
>
>meadhbh

Meadbh,
     This is the latest permutation of a long and rather curious battle.
Bjornsborg simply wanted to shift its protected date from Baronial Court in
October to Lyonesse in March.  Somehow, what was being protected got changed
from the *date* to the *event*, with the result that, no matter what they
did, the Baronial Court thing wouldn't go away.  For a while the calendar
said that Baronial Court would be in March, and Lyonesse wasn't going to
happen at all.  Now we have a new version, still wrong.  For the record
(although I really have no authority to be stating Bjornsborg's policies,
but Mari and I have discussed this SNAFU at length): Baronial Court will be
in October, as usual, and Lyonesse will be in March, as usual.  Nothing has
changed, no matter what the Calendar says this time.  Just ignore it, and
maybe it will get better.

In pursuit of clarity,

Cynric