IS the Rialto down?

Moe=Guertin%OS=Quality%Sys=Hou at bangate.compaq.com Moe=Guertin%OS=Quality%Sys=Hou at bangate.compaq.com
Mon Jul 10 06:12:07 PDT 1995

Sorry Keith, this thing will not allow me to specify addresses to exclude.
-------------
Original Text
To: ansteorra at eden.com

<litch at eden.com (R. Michael Litchfield)>
>><"Pug" <pug at arlut.utexas.edu>>
>>>The Rialto is never down, but your newsfeed for it just might be.
>>In that case, by some odd coincidence, both Emer's is down as is mine.
>if by "the rialto" you mean rec.org.sca, it cannot "go down" usenet
newsgroups
>don't do that, the worst that can happen is that your newsfeed might be
bottled
>(there are 5 major newsfeeds in the world, it is not entirely impossible
that
>one of them may be stopped up and it could be effcting hosts in several
>different sites)
>if you mean the news to mail gateway, it breaks freaquently

Thank you for repeating that, as it is what Pug had said as well.

I was, in fact, mentioning that I had not received the Rialto recently,
more in
an attempt to trace the problem that at least Emer and I are having than
anything else.

I believe that Emer was, in fact, however, referring to the SCA-L Digest,
rather than the Uselessnet version, since (as I recall from other
discussions
with her on the topic) that is the form she receives the Rialto in.
However,
to further make the waters murky, I have received neither the Digest
version,
nor has my particular copy of the Newsgroup updated itself recently.  Ergo,
for me at least, the Rialto is "down".

BTW, as I'm sure you are well aware, since Rec.Org.Sca/SCA-L is neither
purely
fish nor fowl, I can see no reason for getting one's braies twisted over
whether
it is referred to as the Rialto, since, as such, it is neither limited to
its
Digest nor Uselessnet version.

"Mihi Satis Apparet Propter     Diarmuit Ui Dhuinn
  Se Ipsum Appetenda Sapientia"	University of Northkeep
 -- St. Dunstan			Northkeepshire, Ansteorra
				(I. Marc Carlson/IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu)