Ideal event

David Mann uccxdem at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Jul 10 08:47:30 PDT 1995

     <<Aeddan<Paul Shore <shore at pp.okstate.edu>>>
     >> I would REALLY REALLY *_REALLY_* like this, but i don;t expect it
     will
     >> actually happen, the *-ocrat thing is too firmly entrenched in SCA
     culture. >This is my number one pt peeve with the SCA.  I was very
     unhappy to see
     >>the term *waterocrat* in the most recent BlackStar.  I hope that the
     >>RulerOCrat or the BossOCrat will discourage such usage.
     >>Aeddan, Chief Cook for the most recent InterKingdom Peace.

     >I have a number of comments on this particular one.
     >a)  Since this is still discussing an *Ideal*, whether it's
     >"realistic" is irrelevant.
     >That being said:
     >b)  The excuse of "it can't be changed because it's ALWAYS been done
     >this way" has got to be (in my opinion) the stupidest cheap cop out
     >reason to resist a change I have ever heard.
     >c)  If you REALLY want something to be changed, make the change in
     >yourself without bitching about its being "impossible".  You will
     >note that Aeddan used the term HE prefers in his signature.
     >Moreover, I'd bet major bux that during his recent term as Chief Cook
     >he *never* used the "F" word. I would further wager that the term is
     >not often heard in his shire, either.  This is how such changes are
     >made.  One person at a time.
     >Diarmuit

     Greetings,
     In this case, the changes are a consensus of a group. Namely. the
     Mooneschadowe Kitcheners Guild. The Guild decided that 'feastocrat' is
     a bad term, and the cook in charge is refered to as Head or Chief
     Cook. Aeddan's Lady wife is in charge of the servers during the feast
     and is refered to sometimes as the Steward of the Hall. Aeddan is also
     Guildmaster.

     Marke