Event Ideals

R. Michael Litchfield litch at eden.com
Tue Jul 11 14:37:42 PDT 1995

>1.   Authenticity
>     b.   Mundanity, where it can not be expunged, is made as
>          unobtrusive as possible (Modern tents, for example,
>          placed further from the center of events, parking and
>          modern appearing facilities (Showers, kitchens, more
>          extensive classrooms, etc) are also out of sight).

One thing that might need to be considered about this is what about people
with disabilities? If we take the mundane conviences they need too far out
are we not making our events inhospitable for them?

>     c.   NO authenticity "police".

Actually I could almost deal with something like this, if wwe could find
some way of certifing people as experts capable of evaluating something.
The ones that really frost my coconuts are the yuzes who's only source is
something they think they heard while drunk at a fire in some even 4 years
ago.

>     h.   An attempt to use languages other than 20th century
>          English.

Is this actually soemthing we want to try to encourage? If it is done well
it can be rather nice, but not one person in 10 can do it weel, and when it
is done poorly it really sucks.

-michael