Music

I. Marc Carlson IMC at vax2.utulsa.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:01:16 PDT 1995

<zarazena at io.com (Vicki)>
>After reading the posts concerning the ideal event, I would like to add my
>two bezants worth.
>...Many of you listed "lots of music" ...

I agree with your theme that if something is desired it must be encouraged,
and moreover I agree that often musicians *are* in fact treated badly at
events, as are storytellers.

How would you prefer to be treated?  I'm not going to defend such behavior
as treated musicians as "walking tape recorders", OTOH, it is my impression
that often musicians were kept in the background, in order to provide what
has been referred to by some as "stairwell music", or background atmosphere.

Is there a better way to handle this?

Diarmuit