Event Ideals (fighting)

Nancy Bradford-Reid n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 13 07:28:27 PDT 1995

>quoth Lee Forgue:
>|
>| > cse.unsw.edu.au
>|       ^^^^ University of New South Wales, Australia (the au at the end is a
>|            dead giveaway that the site is Australia -- sometimes it's oz)
>
>I've been found out.  Oh, the shame...
>
>I suppose now I should add something to the discussion about ideal events.
>
>Rowany holds their annual Rowany Festival over Easter weekend, and it has
>almost all the qualities of the listed "ideal event" - 5 days, about 600
>people, no cars on site, lots of classes, wars, tournaments, and a tavern
>that is one of the central points on the site.
>
>Everyone's welcome.  It's a wonderful event.
>
>Etienne d'Yverdon
>Rowany, Lochac
>a Stargate expatriate
>
>--
>So, we'll go no more a-rovin'
>So late into the night.
>Though the heart be still as loving
>And the moon be still as bright.

Etienne--in (or near) which city do you live?

Nan Bradford-Reid        |HL Catherine Harwell, CIM, AST
The Department of English|Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra
The University of Texas  |~Simplicitas sum Venustas~
512-471-4991             |Argent, on a fret vert, a rose gules,
n.b-reid at mail.utexas.edu |barbed and seeded or.