A couple more questions

Paul Shore shore at pp.okstate.edu
Thu Jul 20 09:44:01 PDT 1995

On 20 Jul 95 at 10:06, Mark Harris wrote:

> >>4) (To non-fighters) What could fighters do to make things more
> >>interesting for you in a war?
>
> >Drums.  Really *GOOD* D&C leading to proper unit formations.
>
> But not drums ALL day and ALL night!
>
> And bagpipes! That's what they were originally used for, no?
> (In period, they were not confined to use by the Scots.)

Indeed not.  I have an period example of a poem about a Welsh Harper
lamenting the fact that an *English* piper was brought in to do a
wedding.

Paul Shore                       | shore at pp.okstate.edu
Computing & Information Services | Voice (405) 744-5888
Physical Plant                   | Fax   (405) 744-6195 5888
Oklahoma State University        | http://www.pp.okstate.edu/