Regional Officers (Was Blackstar)

Paul Shore SHORE at pp.okstate.edu
Fri Jul 21 08:00:01 PDT 1995

On 21 Jul 95 at 7:21, Pug wrote:

> Our Barony has wondered what the Regional Officers really do. Besides
> myself and the Herald (who has her Regional Officer for a Baroness), I
> don't think anyone has talked or heard from their Regional Officer since
> taking over in some cases.

This seems to be a common problem.  I have seen a letter from a newly
appointed regional officer threatening to replace 60% of her local
officers for not reporting.  Yet this is about the only 'report' the
local officers got from this individual.

It is difficult to diligently send reports off into a black hole
every month.  Some Kingdom offices are very good about maintaining
communications with their local officers, others only seem to get in
touch when they want to chew you out for not maintaining
communications (reports).  Why not require the *regional* officer
to report to the *local* officers every month?  Even something as
simple as a xeroxed gentle reminder to file your reports would be
effective.

-- Aeddan of Mooneschadowe

Recent Ex-Treasurer and Acting Seneschal (If I every hear back
about my application for the job).

Paul Shore                       | shore at pp.okstate.edu
Computing & Information Services | Voice (405) 744-5888
Physical Plant                   | Fax   (405) 744-6195 5888
Oklahoma State University        | http://www.pp.okstate.edu/