Black Star (Pet Peeve)

Leslie Miller miller at pp.okstate.edu
Fri Jul 21 08:44:14 PDT 1995

> I hardly consider the discussion here to be "lambasting" (have none of you
> people ever been on the net at large?, it is a much less friendly world out
> there than some of you seem to expect).

While I agree with you that nobody (until now) was doing any
lambasting on this particular subject, when given the choice between
walking on an uneven sidewalk and wading through a pond full of
crocodiles, I prefer to walk on the uneven sidewalk.  You, my friend,
seem determined to wade through the crocodile pond.  Just an
observation, but I've often wondered why.

>What I have seen is calm discussion
> of some of the problems concerning the blackstar. Problems cannot be
> corrected until they are identified, public discussion cannot in anyway
> hinder identifying a problem or determining a solution, on the contrary
> they can only help. How is one to know if a problem you have percieved is
> an isolated incident or symptom of a larger problem? How many times have
> you thought something was just you until someone else mentioned it in a
> public forum? I suppose if you are a lazy martinent you could just shove it
> off on whoever the sucker of the month is that's in charge but that doesn't
> do a whole lot towards fixing it. If nothing else discussing the problem
> publicly allows people to become more aware of the issues involved in the
> problem.
>
> People here are so damn afraid of allowing any public dissentsion to be
> expressed, they want everyone to wander around with a glazed stepford wives
> smile chanting "Everything is wonderful." Any possible hint of conflict or
> disagreement or (Heavens Forbid!) disparagement must be swept under the rug
> in an instent lest someone tweak to the fact that eveything is not
> wonderful in happy valley.

Some of us prefer our version of blindness to your "clear vision",
Michael.  But I say that with heavy sarcasm, because, truly, how do
you know that you see more clearly than me?  Maybe your reality is so
dark because you're wallowing with the crocs instead of trying to see
"happy valley" for what it can be, if you'd just let it.  Why so
determined to make everybody see the world as you do?

Just a thought.  Take it, leave it, junk it, burn it as it suits your
fancy.

Gunhilda

Leslie Miller
Safety Training Coordinator