A couple more questions on war

eric brown caladin at io.com
Sat Jul 22 20:40:25 PDT 1995

>War has lately been much on my mind. I would like to ask a few
>questions of people on this forum.
>
>1) (To fighters) Is war preparation (drilling, practicing, marching)
>something that you enjoy doing? Or a necessary evil so that you can do
>well on the battle field? Or a total waste of time?

It is a thing which can be made fun to do, but which of late has not been
so done to any great degree.

>2) (To fighters) When you think about wars, do you imagine yourself
>doing well, or your local group doing well, or your kingdom, or some
>combination?

Yes

>3) (To non-fighters) Are you happy for fighters when they do well? To
>restate: Are there nonfighters who watch battles like many people watch
>sporting events, rooting for the home team?
>
>4) (To non-fighters) What could fighters do to make things more
>interesting for you in a war?
>
>5) (To all) Describe some of your favorite moments at a war.

 The moments of joy and pride are too great to number, from my first time at
the moustache war, wearing armour I made "all by mysef" and it looked it,
weilding a great massive club of a sword with perfectly square edged on the
handle, crimping the edge of the shield wall and by simply outhinking the
enemy laying them low each time they tried to press their advantage, feeling
the wall of Fynnon Gather's ripple bend and hold before a charge for the
first time, To leading the Bryn-gwlad contingent at Gulfwar in their
glorious fighting in the field battles , and commanding the left tower of
the castle
so leanly that kein came 3-4 times to glean reinforcements from me for other
units, it has all been a glorious adventure I'd not trade for anything, even
the losses are cherished in my memories.(although they get less press)

>6) (To all) Describe some of your least favorite moments at a war. (Be
>gentle.)

Hearing that somone was taken off the fieldat pensic in an ambulance.

Watching fighters embarass themselves, and our kindom.

Seeing people fein injury, to avoid the consiquences of their missdeeds and
losses of temper.

Followed distantly by all the holds at Pensic,
well, maybe not so distantly...

Caladin

>That's all for now.
>
>Kein MacEwan
>
>mka Keith Ewing

  Caladin Ironhearth,            |  Eric W. Brown
  Bryn Gwlad,                    |  3229 Parkhills Dr.
  Scotland, 1595                 |  Austin, Tx, 78746