drums and bagpipes

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Mon Jul 24 11:54:48 PDT 1995

Several of you were discussing the use of the drum as a medieval
marching device. I found the following message in my instruments
file. Though not definative, it does give a source and one author's
opinion.

The second message gives a summary of the history of the bagpipe
that some else here mentioned briefly.

Stefan li Rous
--------