Battle Song of the Dark Star

Pug pug at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 25 07:58:24 PDT 1995

> You guys who didn't go to the camping site to revel missed some
> righteous bardic. It lasted till after I left (4am).

Unfortunately I was dead after feast and went home and crashed. If the
temperature hadn't been so hot we might have camped which would have
made it a lot simpler.

> Bards of note were James ap Benyl (his new war anthem is a keeper)

Did it happen to be this one?

----
        Battle Song of the Dark Star
	  (by James ap Benyl)

Battle drums are beating as we ride,
Battle pipes play wildly there beside,
Battle skalds are chanting, "Woe betide!"
For the Dark Star's gone to war!
  Chorus:
  Golden gleaming, dark star dreaming,
  Battle songs do make our spirits soar,
  For the Dark Star's gone to war!

Battle lines are drawn deep in the sand,
Battle oaths are sworn that here we'll stand,
Battle fires flame high on war's demand!
For the Dark Star's gone to war!
  Chorus:

Battle flags wave brightly in the sky,
Battle bows let death shafts freely fly,
Battle lusts grow stong as foemen die!
For the Dark Star's gone to war!
  Chorus:

Battle shields do break when great sword swings,
Battle helms are crushed as cold iron rings,
Battle lords are lost to strong spear stings!
For the Dark Star's gone to war!
  Chorus:

Battle storms are breaking overhead,
Battle fields are soaking muddied red,
Battle crows are feasting on the dead!
For the Dark Star's gone to war!
  Chorus:

Battle drums are beating as we ride,
Battle pipes play wildly there beside,
Battle skalds are chanting, "Woe betide!"
For the Dark Star's gone to war!
----

Btw, I had it so handy cause it's in this month's "It Cometh in the
Mail".

CIao,

--
Phelim Uhtred Gervas  | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is something
pug at arlut.utexas.edu  |  beautiful poems. When ever shall we meet again?"