Charter Rough Draft #1

Fox Purtill blackfox at eden.com
Mon Mar 13 10:15:41 PST 1995

>As an example, your guidelines prohibit discussion of HFS & Amptguard.
>But what if they wish to invite us to hold a joint event?  What if we are
>working together on something? This is what is happening with Canturbury
>Fair. They might even just want to invite us to a special event, like
>coronation.
>
>And as for discussion of other kingdoms, what if I am looking for a ride
>to Grand Outlandish, or I want to encourage folks to go to the Estrella
>Wars?
>
>Savain

I have to agree in part with this, however.  Assume SCA is on a joint
venture with HFS/Amtgard or any other group.  This does still agree with the
original concept as we are still discussing SCA business and events.
However if I were to start discussing the Mid-reign we just went went to
(Amtgard) or the upcomming Amtgard Coronation which is not related to SCA
business that would not be relevant to this list.

I do agree that to leave out other kingdoms would be pointless.  We run a
local SCAnet BBS and I have subscribed to a Caid message base to keep up on
old friends and to work on some other projects.  I can see an old Ansteorran
moving and staying in touch or another person planning to attend some
Ansterorra events.  I don't see that keeping other kingdoms excluded from
this list will have any benefit except perhaps to alienate us from our
neighbors.

   / Crispin Lechtscaerpne Starblade / aka-Fox Anton Purtill    /
  / Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra                                     /
 / blackfox at eden.com | starblad at eden.com | foxp at eden.com      /
/ or any of the above @trueblue.com                          /