Complaints about publications

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Thu Mar 16 08:56:50 PST 1995

On 14 Mar 1995, Aodhan Ite an Fhithich wrote:

> Dia duit!
>
>  [Replying to a message of James Crouchet  to All]
>
>  JC> Yea! Finally! Our unmanagable Black Star drives me nuts. And as the
>  JC> the  bizzar size of the OP ... well, don't get me started.
>
>  JC> We should come to grips with the facts that we are NOT trying to keep
>  JC> these books from being copied, and that some of us must use them as
>  JC> reference material. Give me a good 3-hole notebook any day.
>
> Savain,
>
> What, specifically, are your complaints about the RoP (it's a Roll of
> Precedence, not an Order of Precedence, since the listings therein are *not*
> ordered by precedence)??

Ok, you are right. I will consider the nit successfully picked.

> Since I first held the Zodiacus office, there have only been two editions of
> the RoP that were *not* 3-hole punchable, one Master Giovanni did right after
> I got the office and the mass-mailing in '93. The format of the '93 edition
> was directly driven by publication and mailing costs.
>
> The edition I'm working on now will be 3-hole punchable (and will be available
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> from the Kingdom Stock Clerk).  I carry a copy with me to every event I attend
> to look up name spellings for folks already listed and I can assure you that
> the current format is eminently usable as a reference - in semi-darkness, no
> less.

Good.  Great.  Wonderful.  You go good work -- I know.

> If you've got valid suggestions, from having actually used the publication,
> for changes to the format, I'll be happy to consider them, as I'm going to do
> a complete re-write of the software during this stint as Zodiacus.

Remember me? I was your deputy (of sorts) for a while. Yes, I've actually
used it. My suggestion is to print it 8.5x11 & 3-hole punch it.  Happily,
that is already the plan. It is good to see us implementing an idea who's
time came almost 30 years ago.

By the way, do you have an update or the RoP I can grab electronically? I
would guess your BBS does, but I don't remember how to get to it. I like
to use the information to do various analysis to get a better picture of
how Ansteorra's award distribution is evolving.

I think that award giving is one of the ways that the kingdom's
development is guided.  A look over the thistles and what categories they
were given in is very illuminating <g>.