Awards

Fox Purtill blackfox at eden.com
Mon Mar 27 11:17:09 PST 1995

>Christian,
>   Yes, you can put yourself in for an award, but it is considered
>incredibly tacky. I doubt if the crown would award it without many
>others recommendations.  It is also considered tacky to
>"campagion(sp)" for an award. That is mentioning that you deserve one
>and then pressing your friends to put you in for one.
>   It is okay for you to mention to others that someone else deserves
>an award, but it is bad form to press the issue.
>
>Lorraine DeerSlayer

Be careful what you wish for...

 A number of years ago a large fighter informed the throne he should be
awarded a "Most likely target" award, he had a bad run of multiple hits
during a war and didn't last 30 seconds on any bout due to the combat
archers.  At court later he was given a nice (albeit hastly made) medallion
with a bright archery target on it.  He was now a Lord or the Mark (having
already gotten his AoA).

   / Lord Crispin Lechtscaerpne Starblade / aka-Fox Anton Purtill    /
  / Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra                                          /
 / blackfox at eden.com | starblad at eden.com | foxp at eden.com (or any   /
/ of the above @trueblue.com) | Castle Keep BBS (512) 451-7770    /