Heraldry

ches at pentagon.io.com ches at pentagon.io.com
Mon Mar 27 22:26:41 PST 1995

I have been appointed the caretaker of heraldry in Amtgard but I have some
questions that I feel only SCA folks can answer.  My questions are these.  What
is the rule on metal touching color?  What is a sleeve?  What is defined as a
borduer?  These are rules that are not clear in my books, (I either have two
opposing answers or no definition).  I am asking for both an SCA point of view
and a mundane view.  I feel that the most knowledgable people on such matters
are the SCA.  This is why I am asking on this board.  Amtgard has not yet
defined the rules for heraldry, so for now it is  free to individual
interpretations.  I would like to introduce basic guidelines and still stay in
the fantasy genre but be able to answer questions that will come up.  Any new
books on the market on the subject of Heraldry today?

Ciao
Sir Ches               Lady Chiara
Austin, Tx.            Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Duchy of Tirana
E-mail:Ches at io.com
       Ches at pentagon

A baby or two for me, all but two says boys. Due date Sept.3rd.