A&S Competitions

Jennifer Kubenka jkubenka at sun.cis.smu.edu
Thu Mar 30 05:34:14 PST 1995

On Thu, 30 Mar 1995 Meadhbhni at aol.com wrote:

> Emher says:
>

> >Really? I have entered three A&S competitions in all and I >haven't been
> >asked this once.
>
> It seems that this maybe something done here in stargate.  i do know that we
> have had competitions before where the artisan always stated their level of
> expertise.
>
> meadhbh

Ahh, I see.  I think this might be a good idea, except that who
determines when someone has passed say, the beginner level, and is now
really intermediate?

I would hope that the artisan would be honorable enough to be truthful
about the project at hand.  In my case, I would definitely be a beginner
at blackwork, but advanced at Assisi or other forms of counted
cross-stitch work.  And so I would enter the project accordingly.

Emher ni Maille