Complaints about publications

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Tue Mar 14 18:31:03 PST 1995

Dia duit!

 [Replying to a message of James Crouchet  to All]

 JC> Yea! Finally! Our unmanagable Black Star drives me nuts. And as the
 JC> the  bizzar size of the OP ... well, don't get me started.

 JC> We should come to grips with the facts that we are NOT trying to keep
 JC> these books from being copied, and that some of us must use them as
 JC> reference material. Give me a good 3-hole notebook any day.

Savain,

What, specifically, are your complaints about the RoP (it's a Roll of
Precedence, not an Order of Precedence, since the listings therein are *not*
ordered by precedence)??

Since I first held the Zodiacus office, there have only been two editions of
the RoP that were *not* 3-hole punchable, one Master Giovanni did right after
I got the office and the mass-mailing in '93. The format of the '93 edition
was directly driven by publication and mailing costs.

The edition I'm working on now will be 3-hole punchable (and will be available
from the Kingdom Stock Clerk).  I carry a copy with me to every event I attend
to look up name spellings for folks already listed and I can assure you that
the current format is eminently usable as a reference - in semi-darkness, no
less.

If you've got valid suggestions, from having actually used the publication,
for changes to the format, I'll be happy to consider them, as I'm going to do
a complete re-write of the software during this stint as Zodiacus.

Feicfidh me' ari's thu',

Aodhan, Zodiacus (again)
Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich    aodhan at dobharchu.org
Master of the Laurel            Lough na Dobharchu' BBS  1-713-338-2570
Dobharchu' Herald               "Your Information Roman Road"
mka David H. Brummel            1:106/22  180:11/22  762:2200/2
SCA Member 02245                Barony of Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
http://www.phoenix.net/~dbrummel
plummety sable and argent on a sun of eight rays or a feather bendwise
sinister sable