tourney query

James Crouchet crouchet at infinity.ccsi.com
Fri Mar 10 14:35:36 PST 1995

On Fri, 10 Mar 1995, I. Marc Carlson wrote:

[...stuff deleted...]

> Well, so there *is* a standard version of the S5?  This is reassuring,
> since I suspect that, at one point or other, there has been the occasional
> question raised at events of what version was being used at a particular
> Tournament.

I know it is reassuring to our modern minds to have everything codified
and written down, but one of the things I look for in a fighter is the
ability to adapt to changing conditions without being disconcerted or
going into a huff over it.

I also feel that much of the upset I have seen over "non standard"
formats was actually a fighter's reaction when he thought his chances of
winning were reduced.  I believe these folks need to get their priorities
strait.

So my advice is, if you go to a tournament, be prepared to be flexable
and play the way the nice people putting it on tell you to play.

If you host a tournamnet run it the way you want it to run.  If you want
to research how to run a tournamnet check period sources first. And be
sure to give the fighters plenty of information on how you are running
things.

Savian