Black Powder

Leslie Miller miller at pp.okstate.edu
Tue Mar 14 08:03:27 PST 1995

Well, I've got my handy dandy can-opener out, and I have this can of
worms...

At Kingdom Dance, Sir Barn made an announcement in court concerning
the use of "chemically powered projectile weapons".  Though I thought
Sir Barn's speech was very eloquent and t the point, different
people got different things out of it.  Some people apparently heard
that all "chemically powered projectile weapons" (cannons, black
powder pistols, etc) would no longer be allowed at SCA events, while
others heard that they simply would not be allowed to be fired *at
people* at events.

I am curious as to which of these versions (or variation in between)
is the official one, and I'm also curious as to what people's thoughts
and feelings are on the subject.

I believe Sir Bar specifically said to spread the word, so this is my
attempt.

Mmmmmmmmm, and lovely little worms they are, too...
Gunhilda
Shire of Mooneschadowe
miller at pp.okstate.edu