archery

David Mann uccxdem at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 22 11:38:40 PST 1995

Greetings,
The shot was from a crossbow at a range of 15-20 ft. One thing is
that a sword hit normally covers a larger area (excluding tip 'ouch' shots)
than the point on the thistle missile. Several others had said the shots
from the crossbows felt harder than the longbows. That difference might be
due to the acceleration difference between the draw length of the longbow
and the crossbow. A good test would be to set up a crossbow and a longbow,
of legal weights, with thistle missiles, and fire them at the same time. The
arrow that arrives at the target first would have the highest acceleration,
and potentially higher impact.
                                            Marke