Awards and Coronets

Wendy E. Erisman werisman at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 24 06:55:42 PST 1995

>I am intriqued by the various awards that give a Grant of
>Arms. In the two kingdoms where I have lived  (Atlantia and East), they did
>not do much with grants.  What does receiving a Grant of Arms allow the
>recipient to do?
>
>Baroness Clarissa
>----------------

Basically, a Grant of Arms allows the receipient to designate him/herself
as the Honorable Lord/Lady SoandSo and gives them precedence immediately
behind Court Barons/Baronesses and immediately before the AoA level awards
(of which the grace awards carry the most precedence). The White Scarves
(who are called Don/Don~a) were recently made a polling order. I am not
sure if this is the case for the Centurions -- as Lorraine pointed out, it
is a new order and most of us are still a bit confused about it.

                                        Gwenllian

Wendy Erisman                                   Lady Gwenllian ferch Maredudd
Dept. of Anthropology                           Halberd Pursuivant
UT Austin                                       Barony of Bryn Gwlad
werisman at mail.utexas.edu                        Kingdom of Ansteorra