Awards

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Mon Mar 27 11:13:26 PST 1995

>I have read that anyone can recommend anyone else for awards - does this
>mean it can cross groupings??  Can a person from one Barony recommend a
>person from
>another???
>
>Christian Bryant

You can (even for baronial awards given by the person's barony) and
certainly for kingdom awards.  Remember that baronial awards are generally
given for Baronial participation (at least where I come from) so your
recommendation for such should list information of that sort. Sometimes it
is easier for a person outside the group to realize that someone deserves
an award. This can be for any number of reasons from the "I thought he
already had it" syndrome to the "I just never thought about it" problem.
Sometimes the larger Baronies have problems keeping up with all the fine
works of its members. If what you have noticed has been mostly over the
entire kingdom then a recommendation for a kingdom level award might be
more appropriate.

Baroness Clarissa